Nope.
This entry is called "Day 15" because it's the fifteenth day of my little baby girl's life, and it's also the fifteenth day of my maternity leave. Thus, the blog title "The Leave."
The reason for this blog? Well, I have officially, and just recently, joined the ranks of millions of fearless women worldwide who have more than one child. I have two: a boy (Paul) and a girl (Elizabeth). I also have a wonderful husband and a not-so-wonderful ant colony living under my kitchen sink, but that's not the point of this blog.
Since I am choosing to take a 12-week maternity leave, I've decided to write about my experience. For those of you who haven't experienced a maternity leave, you should know that each day goes by oh-so-slowly -- but at the same time, the days blur together and speed by uncontrollably. There is something about being home with a newborn (and their older sibling) that is strangely surreal and yet so grounding and natural at the same time.
I plan to write each day. Even if it's short. Even if there is not a drop of interesting information for anyone else but for me. Even if it makes me sad or mad.
So... vamanos... let's go...
Write down the thoughts of the moment.
Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable.
~Francis Bacon
Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable.
~Francis Bacon
No comments:
Post a Comment